This week’s recipe and nutritional tips were given to me by my friend Haley who also happens to be a pretty amazing health coach. Let us know how we can help connect her with you!
I think everyone knows by now that Kale is a superfood. Loaded with iron, calcium, vitamin K, A and C, boosting the immune system and destroying cancer causing free radicals! If you’ve ever heard of Jim Gaffigan, you’ll know that most people think kale is disgusting but that we act like it’s delicious and consume it because we know it’s good for us. Let me help you anti-kale lovers out with some kale-deliciousness so you don’t have to fake it. 😉
Simple Kale Salad
- 1 bunch of local Silverthorn Kale, chopped
- 1Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar- I use Braggs
- 1Tbsp Raw Honey
- Himalayan salt & ground pepper to taste
Optional add ins:
- Cheese or nutritional yeast (vegan option)
- Silverthorn garlic scapes
- Chives Tomato
- Silverthorn Cucumber
Mix and massage ingredients into kale to soften.*Sit aside for a few hours or until desired softness. Add lemon juice or more ACV for extra punch! Toss optional add ins and enjoy!
- 2 Bunches of Silverthorn Kale, chopped
- 1 Cup of Raw Cashews
- 2 cloves garlic, more if you want extra garlic flavor or a natural antibiotic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (or until desired flavor)
- 1 tsp Himalayan or Real Sea Salt A bit of ground pepper or red pepper if you like it spicy
Optional add ins:
- Chili powder
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (spicy!)
- Spirilina (extra green punch- protein source)
- 1tsp ACV or lemon
Blend all ingredients except kale in food processor or mixer adding small amounts of water until creamy consistency that will stick on the kale and not run off. Toss mixture with chopped kale.
Use a food dehydrator or bake in the over at the lowest temperature to maintain living enzymes until crispy or desired texture. If totally dry, it can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 1 week or so.