One of the biggest challenges for Silverthorn Farm is explaining how membership works – not because it’s complicated – but because CSA membership either means something specific to people or it means nothing at all.
CSA memberships are traditionally a blind box program where community supporters sign up for a share of a farm’s harvest and each week each member receives an identical box filled with assorted items. But, we know that the supporters of our farm are consumers with a TON of choices so, we have come up with a program that is pretty different.
How Silverthorn Farm is Different
When you sign up for a CSA membership at Silverthorn Farm, there are a few big differences from traditional CSA programs. At our farm you can:
- Pay for your membership online
- Divide your membership into 6 monthly payments
- Order only the food you want each week – never any blind boxes
- Change your order every week – or even skip a week when you’re on vacation or out of town
- Order as much or as little as you want – no order minimums or maximums
- Enjoy our produce AND products from partner farms around Indiana – things like eggs, honey, meats, cheeses, grains and more
Our online membership tools make it easy to get signed up and manage your food orders week-to-week. Here’s how it works:
- Choose a pre-paid or pay-as-you-go membership level from these flexible options. Prepaid memberships earn you a store credit that is valid for one year from the purchase date.
- Create an online account during the purchasing process
- We’ll email you every Friday to let you know we’ve re-stocked the online store with the freshest products and remind you to place your order
- Checkout our list of pickup locations and find the one that is most convenient for you. (You can change this week to week if needed)
- Order from our easy-to-use online store by Monday at 8 AM for Tuesday or Wednesday deliveries or by Thursday at 8 AM for Friday deliveries
- Select the pickup location you would like for the week as you checkout
- Find the freshest food you’ve ever experienced when you arrive at the pickup location to pick up your order. We’ll ship them to the pickup location in re-usable boxes and ask that you bring your own bags to take your goodies home.
It really is easy to support local agriculture and shop sustainably with our farm (and the network of other farms that supply meat, eggs, dairy and other great products in our store). What are you waiting for? Check out our membership options and get started today.